1. Individuals and countries cannot help everyone who needs help in the world, so we should be only concerned about our own communities and countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that cultural traditions will be destroyed when they are used as money-making machines aims at tourists, other people believe that it is the only way to save such traditions in the world today. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think that a large proportion of young people should go to university; however, others think that we should encourage them to become car mechanics, builders etc to meet the needs of the community. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
4. Public museums and art galleries are not needed because people could see historical objects and works by using computers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
6. The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live, think and behave. However, some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing young generations for modern life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. In the past, people used to travel to see the difference from their home country. However, the sceneries in places around the world seem similar nowadays. What are the causes of these similarities? Do you think that the advantages of this similarity outweigh the disadvantages?
8. Scientists believe computers will become more intelligent than human beings. Some people think this development will have positive impacts. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
9. Some people think that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. But others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
10. Some people think that introducing new technology can improve people's quality of life in the developing countries. However, others believe that free education should be offered. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
11. Some people believe that some unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programs （e.g. working in a charity, improving the relationship of neighborhood or teaching sports to children） To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Scientists say that junk food is harmful to people's health. Some say the way to ask people to eat less fast food is to educate them, while others say education does not work. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
13. It is no longer necessary to use animals for food, clothing or medical research. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. Crime is a problem all over the world and there is nothing to do to prevent it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Nowadays some individuals behave in an anti-society way, such as committing a crime. In general, it is the society to blame. What causes the anti-social behaviors of individuals? Who should be responsible for dealing with it?
16. Films and computer games containing violence are popular. Some people say they have negative effects on society and should be banned. Others say they are just harmless relaxation. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
17. Some people think that too much money has been spent looking after and repairing old buildings, so we should knock down old buildings and build modern ones instead. To what extent do you agree or disagree? （非亚太）
18. Pollution and other environmental problems are resulting from a country's developing and becoming richer. Some think this cannot be avoided. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Individual greed and selfishness has been the basis of the modern society. Some people think that we must return to the older and more traditional values of respect for the family and the local community in order to create a better world to live in. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people think the qualities a person needs to become successful in today's world cannot be learned at a university or similar academic institution. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10月Task one 题型
The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in a country in 1950 and 2010.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
The table below shows the consumer durables （telephone, refrigerator, etc.） owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.
You should write at least 150 words.
The following diagram shows how rainwater is reused for domestic purposes.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.